What is water tube boiler？
A water tube boiler is a type of boiler in which water circulates in tubes heated externally by the fire. Fuel is burned inside the furnace, creating hot gas which heats water in the steam-generating tubes. In smaller boilers, additional generating tubes are separate in the furnace, while larger utility boilers rely on the water-filled tubes that make up the walls of the furnace to generate steam.
The structure of water tube boiler
The overall structure includes two parts, the boiler body and auxiliary equipment. Furnace of boiler, boiler barrel, burner, water wall superheater, economizer, air preheater, frame and furnace wall and other major components constitute the core part in the production of steam, known as the boiler body. The two main components of the boiler body are the furnace and boiler barrel.
1.High efficiency (generally greater than 85 %) hence reduced fuel consumption.
2. The working pressure is high enough, up to 250 bar in super critical boilers.
3. The rate of steam generation and quality of steam are better and suitable for power generation.
4. Its design flexibility and rapid circulation prevents thermal stressing problems in the tank boilers which leads to grooving.
5. Thinner tube materials allow rapid steam raising and faster heat transfer rates.
6. The design of these boilers provide highly efficient performance due to which they can be even employed to produce saturated or superheated steam.
7. If any water tube is damaged, it can be easily replaced or repaired.
Water tube boiler & ZOZEN
ZOZEN has some models of water tube boilers, including biomass water tube steam boiler, coal fired water tube boiler, CFB water tube boiler, waste heat recovery water tube boiler, gas fired power plant boiler, etc. Choosing an appropriate boiler can maximize economic benefits and save your money. If you confirm the boiler fuel, we can calculate fuel consumption and costs.